Here are some performance and configuration tips when setting up Alike v4:
- The Alike Server must be able to route to your XenServer/Hyper-V hosts.
- Your hypervisor hosts, ABDs, and guests protected by Q-Hybrid jobs need to route back to your ADS.
- Select a CIFS share for your ADS (Alike Data Store) that is reliable and capable of scaling to meet your needs.
- When possible, ensure your ADS storage can support a newer version of SMB (3+)
- Ensure the Alike Server has quality, reliable storage as well.
- Higher performance local disks on the Alike Server can improve Alike’s performance significantly.
- First-time backups always take longer to complete. Consider running initial backups manually before using scheduling them.
- Try running Alike’s ‘auto tune’ job, which will run light benchmarks on your systems, and adjust some Alike settings according to the results.